I love experimenting with herbs and spices, but this morning I found myself in a time crunch, so out came the VitaMix and this combo came together in a hurry. Zip Zip.. Done. Sunshine in a Glass is the result. Turmeric Smoothie with Ginger and Mango is simple to make and a delight to drink!
I have posted several recipes to maximize your turmeric intake, here and here. I consider turmeric and ginger as a starting point for many recipes. I had some fresh roots from the market, but good quality turmeric powder would also work in this recipe.
- fresh turmeric, about 1 inch in length, peeled (or if no fresh, can use 1 tsp. dried turmeric)
- fresh ginger root, 1-2 inch piece, peeled if not organic
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mango, cut into chunks
- 2-3 grinds of fresh pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk or your preference)
- optional : 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Toss all ingredients in a blender or VitaMix or similar and whiz up!
- This is my favourite combination but this recipe is more of a guideline!