Time for Tea ~ A nourishing favourite: Ruby Fruit ‘Super’ Tea Recipe for you!
It’s in ‘between’ at the moment.. Winter and Spring are having a tug-of-war, one day teasing us with a sunny day filled with birds singing and a hint of warmer days on the horizon, and the next day .. today.. back to brrr… and freezing temps. There’s another round of colds + flu everywhere I look. Also, everyone is really really tired… and weary.. from the Winter from hell.
What to do? Well, while a nourishing herbal tea won’t make Spring arrive faster, it’s warming and will bring a smile to your face. If you are already enjoying warmer weather or perhaps living in a hot climate, this tea is delicious served piping hot or over ice! It’s a long time favourite of mine and it’s beautiful too!
1 part Hibiscus flowers
1 part Rose Hips
1 part Oats (milky oat tops are best!)
1/2 part Orange peel (dried)
Typically, I combine these ingredients together in a small batch and store in a glass ‘canning’ jar so that it’s SUPER easy to make this tea at any time! Try using 1 cup for 1 part and store in a glass jar. Use organic sources whenever possible ~ better for YOU!
HIBISCUS Flowers ^^
* Known to lower blood pressure as effectively as some standard hypertension drugs
* Rich in Vitamin C
* High in anti-oxidants
* Helps with lowering cholesterol levels
* Known anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial + diuretic
*Known to strengthen the immune system
*Can stimulate circulation
*Helps to maintain a healthy digestion
* Can reduce inflammation which helps to lower chronic disease risk (e.g. prevent heart disease!)
*Anti-aging as it heals tissues and cells. It also tones organs and regenerates cells
*Calming effect, prevents stress and also acts as an anti-depressant
Milky OATS (aka Milky Oat tops) Avena Sativa
* Excellent nervous system support herb
* Tonic supportive tea to help with ‘frayed’ nerves
* Calming and soothing for the entire nervous system
*High in Vitamin C
* Immune Boosting
* Helps to lower cholesterol
* Contains anti-cancer compounds
* Offers natural relief from heartburn
This is truly one of my all-time favourite herbal tea blends! Hope you enjoy it!
^^Find hibiscus growing advice here.