Just before Christmas, years ago,I received this recipe with rave reviews from friends, Ann & Diane. I’ve made it several times, when entertaining and I agree; it’s delicious, easy to prepare and always a hit. It’s decadent (isn’t goat cheese always?) and very colourful. I think it’s a delight to serve anytime…some of my favourite flavours in ONE dish! Herbs + Marinated Chèvre!!
Herbs + Marinated Chèvre Recipe
- 8 oz Chevre (goat cheese), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives (or your favourites)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch thyme, dried
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup EEOO (ExtraVirgin Olive oil)
- Sea Salt & freshly ground Pepper
- Ensure that the goat cheese is 'at room temperature'.
- Slice it and then 'pat' with fingers to cover your serving dish to form a 'nest' for the remaining ingredients.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture over the goat cheese.
- ** If time permits, combine all but the goat cheese and allow to 'marry' in the fridge overnight.
- Allow both this mixture and the cheese to come to room temperature and put it together in minutes.
- This is a much requested EASY to make DELICIOUS appetizer!
By the way, I’d love to hear about your own version, additions or changes ~ if you make this!
E N J O Y !!