I don’t know about you but I love to have ideas ready to go, in case of a spontaneous snack attack or impromptu guests at the door for a visit! Just for the record, I love visits from friends, I do. I am not a fan of the ‘drop-by’ or ‘drop-in’ or ‘drive-by’.
It happens though, and when it does, since I rarely have packaged food on hand and never use a microwave, it’s handy to have a few YUM recipes which can be literally ‘whipped’ up in a few minutes with minimal stress.
I love to use sesame paste aka Tahini in dips, sauces and dressings. The nutty flavour blends well with all sorts of other elements. These days, since I am throwing turmeric into almost everything, I jumped at the chance to try this dip when a girlfriend shared a version of this recipe.
This combination of ingredients is indeed both yummy and good for you!
This dip can reduce inflammation. The more positive choices we make for everyday menu plans, the better we will feel! Check out recent posts using Turmeric and more about the benefits here and here.
This DELICIOUS TURMERIC DIP is easy to make and it’s delicious… plus it’s a super way to get more
- 1/2 cup tahini (organic when possible)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder (organic preferable)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of sea salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- sesame seeds, to garnish (raw or lightly toasted)
- Optional: fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, honey, turmeric and garlic.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Check for desired thickness.*
- Transfer to a bowl and top with a light dusting of sesame seeds.^
- Add the cilantro if using.
- * you may want to add up to 1/4 cup warm water (or a bit little less, to obtain the thickness desired
- ^Lightly toast the sesame seeds ahead of time and allow to cool before adding,
- if wanting to used toasted over raw seeds. I have used both and like both.
- Serve with raw or baked veggies or the dip can become a scrumptious salad 'dressing'
I love this dip so much ~ I hope you do too!
Made this turmeric dip into a salad ‘dressing’ and used it to adorn this colourful salad.
This salad: Variety of greens, radicchio, tomatoes, avocado, black olives, peppers and sunflower seeds. Delicious!
Are you a ‘chicken wing’ fan? This dip is also fabulous with wings. Just sayin’
QUICK TIP: In a hurry? Here’s my favourite FAST ‘Go To’ version.
I learned about this little gem from a wonderful restaurant called “Annapurna” in Toronto, who were kind enough to share it with me, many years ago. It remains a a delight and always gets rave reviews from family and friends.
Put 1 part Tahini and 1 part yogurt and 1/4 part Tamari into a bowl.
Whisk or blend with a fork. Adjust thickness to your liking. THIS IS SO GOOD!!
Make it thick if you are making a dip or thinner if using as a vinaigrette!
Do YOU have a favourite herb-infused dip?
Leave me a link or the recipe in the comments ~ Let’s share it!