I am always looking for more ways to get GARLIC into my body and into the daily regimens/meals for my family. Sometimes, in the change of seasons, we find ourselves with one of those pesky, very irritating sniffly spring colds.
Years ago, I learned about this super powered ‘refreshment’ in a class with Aviva Romm who is an amazing herbalist. midwife turned medical doctor!
It’s easy to make and is very nutritious.
This combination can kick out a stubborn virus wanting to take hold, if made quickly at the first sign or symptom.
Enjoy hot.. warm.. or room temperature.. Your choice..
Maybe ~ start off with a warm drink and sip though out the day?
EASY and EFFECTIVE !
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, local, organic if possible
- pure water
- 1 lemon, organic preferred
- Raw honey, local if possible
- Finely mince fresh garlic and place in a 1 quart mason jar.
- Fill the jar with boiling water and cover for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the garlic
- Add the juice of 1 whole lemon to the liquid.
- Sweeten to taste with raw honey.
- Enjoy warm and often.
- Sometimes I add the juice and toss in the lemon halves to infuse all possible lemony goodness!
- Enjoy hot.. warm.. or room temperature.. Your choice..
- Be creative. Add coriander, fennel, cumin or other digestion-boosting herb if you like!
- What's your favourite?
This is just one more fabulous way to support ourselves, nourish ourselves and our independence! Enjoy!
For more about the lovely Ms Aviva Romm here.