I can’t count the number of times, as a child, I heard my parents say repeatedly “EAT your VEGGIES!” We are told, these days, to manage to eat 7+ servings of fruits and vegetables each and every day. I often manage to do just that, but in this busy life, it can be a real challenge!
Well, the phytonutrients in fruits and vegetables are life-enhancing in many ways. When we are considering help for ourselves with seasonal allergies or asthma, there are some healthy choices. Check out this post and decide to include as many anti-allergy foods as possible. Sometimes we need more than our ‘food apothecary’ to handle the situation so visit your local health food store for these items.
Check out these 5 great ideas to relieve allergy symptoms!
- Enjoy HERB teas ~ recommended 4 cups of herbal infusion daily. Choose from nettle, chamomile, feverfew, lemon balm + most mints. All these are anti-allergic, flavonoid rich herbs. Combine with orange or lemon peel for a refreshing cold tea!
- Take Quercetin supplements ~ recommended dosage 1000 mg 2-3 times per day.
- Take Vitamin C supplements ~ recommended dosage = 1 gram 3-5 times per day or to bowel tolerance. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant + antihistimine. In fact, Vitamin C prevents the formation of histamine and helps to normalize the immune system responses, helping them to work together instead of antagonistically.
- Take Magnesium ~ recommended dosage is 400 mg per day (in the evening) to relax the esophagus and the bronchial tubes.
- Take Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) ~ recommended dosage is 5 mg 1-2 times per day . Known to reduce severity of symptoms and relieve sinus congestion that occurs upon awakening.
If you do find yourself feeling less than fine, experiencing allergy symptoms or even asthma, consider making some changes in your home. Poor indoor air quality plays a HUGE part in how you and your family experience life. Most people live in a home filled with hidden allergy triggers, overflowing with chemicals.
For more information about how to “detox your home”
–> sign up for the free e-report “It’s a Spring Thing! Time to DETOX your home” at the top-right of Studio Botanica’s ‘home’ page
As with ALL of my posts, I offer ideas for your consideration. I am NOT
a medical doctor; simply offering ideas from the perspective of traditional herbalism, my opinion based on my own research & experience.
with green blessings, Carol